Friday, March 26, 2010

Open Pony

I was happily procrastinating, while pondering whether to go with my original idea for this week's article on a non pony sim (yes I know but I do have other interests).

By sheer chance a conversation between myself and a friend was overheard, and I was then informed of the Open Pony product.

Naturally, I thought they meant the Open Collar Pony Bridle. It turns out I was mistaken. That seems to happen a lot lately.

So, I was promptly bundled a package of a folder containing two boxes. As it happens, they contained a complete pony kit in black, or in white.

I could blabber on about the basic concept behind this, but, why not follow this link, and get yourself a kit of your own?

Just remember to register for an X Street account if you don't have one already.

The tack is complete, with the bridle featuring a selection of bits. But the most exciting part is this is full perms and open source.

I can't wait to get my hands on an RLV scripted version.

The very fact that this is open source opens up a wide number of options, and allows a complete tack set including AO for new ponies.

It's free, though naturally, donations are welcomed by the creators for their time spent on such a product. And deservedly so.

This is the first incarnation of the tack, so I would imagine if it is popular enough, will be updated and tweaked many times in the near future.

This is definitely something to keep an eye on - and what are you waiting for? Go grab your set and see what you can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment