Friday, May 8, 2009

New Column : Pony Correspondent

Deirdre here - We're introducing a new column today : Jaydana Thorne is our new Pony Correspondent, and will be covering the pony scene every week. We mentioned her briefly some weeks back, and here she is to tell us a bit more about herself :

Thank you for having me, and what a privilege it is too. I'm basically just a regular, fun-loving Englishwoman that enjoys the fetish side of things here in Second Life.

Particularly pony play, both as a pony, and a trainer. I have spent much of my time since joining Seconnd Life around pony play - in fact, it was an SL photo on a website about Pony Play that first brought me here. And I haven't looked back since.

I am now looking forward to what will hopefully be an enlightening and entertaining guide to the Pony scene, covering everything I can think of, from activities, to places to go, how to behave and what to wear. Now, before we begin, let me get a cup of tea :)

What Is Pony Play?

In a nutshell, the pony is a submissive that places themselves in the position of a horse - or a pony - and is treated much as though they were that animal.

This will usually involve some pulling of carts and carriages, dressage, and various kinds of races.

Ponies may also find themselves saddled and ridden, or led around by their reins.

They will also spend time in their stall, waiting for their owner or trainer to take them out.

Some see pony play as a sexual form of roleplay.

Whilst some owners obviously use their ponies for more than just a pet, it is not so common on the dedicated pony sims - but some of the general fetish sims do not discourage such activities.

For me, it is more about the restriction, the submission, and about immersion into the role of a pony.

I won't pretend that while in tack, I don't enjoy being complimented on my appearance – and since most ponies wear very little clothing besides their harness, it helps to be a bit of an exhibitionist.

Next week, we'll look at some of the activities in pony play.

No comments:

Post a Comment