Friday, February 25, 2011

Pony Soccer

On Tuesday the 22nd I was able to attend the pony soccer game held at Master Maxwell's soccer field. This has been arranged and was for 2 teams of 3 ponies.

Sadly, only 3 ponies turned up, so, being the trooper I am, i decided that instead of sitting in the spectators stand, I would tack up and join in, making 2 teams of 2 ponies.

And I have to say I am glad I did.

At first, the whole thing seemed clunky and awkward, no running is allowed and so once the opponent is past you with the ball, there isn't much you can do but hope they miss.

And so we went one goal down.

Luckily, my team mate was better at this variation of Soccer, and pulled it back level almost instantly. I was still trying to figure out how to make a sliding tackle.

The game progressed going end to end with me largely just seeming to make up the numbers. going from a score of 1-1 to 2-1, then 2-2, and 3-2 and so on.

But then something strange happened. Our opponents lost the ball, and Jo, my team mate, gave us a clear lead.

I have to admit, the time went really quickly, and I did eventually manage to get my name on the scoreboard, more than once in fact.

The final score was something like 40-31 and I was bearing down on goal when the full time was called. Being a glory pony, I ran a little further and hoofed the ball.

Into the back of the net to score the last goal of the night. Shame it didn't count.

It was all just for fun, and is a regular event at the soccer field. After the game, ribbons and a small cash thank you were awarded to the ponies and then a pool party.

It was good fun, though lag and control are two issues that weighed heavily on me at the time, I totally enjoyed myself, and would definitely play again.

So, next time you see the soccer event listed, give it a go, you never know, you might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment