Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SL10B: No Adult Content Please, We're Virtual

Deirdre:
Call me nosy, snoopy, curious, whatever; I wanted to know where the decision to have no adult content at SLB came from.

It’s not like I don’t understand it. There are people in Second Life who are not adults, and restricting the celebration by age would be worse.

Saffia Widdershins and Doctor Gascoigne (both volunteers, Doc from way back) answered my questions patiently: the sims are G, and there it ends.

Doc made it clear that everyone is welcome at SL10B, as they aim to be inclusive. In fact, lelo and I, fetish fashion and BDSM bloggers, are in the press group.

Clearly, we’re expected to act in G-friendly manner when we visit; no hardship, “freaking the mundanes” was never my thing.

There were indications that other, adult celebrations would be pointed to; I’m trying to nail that down but without success so far.

I’ll keep you posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment